Excel Blades is excited to share a new video made by artist and influencer Maria Marinoni for Paper Crafting Month. Maria shows you a very simple floral project and papercutting technique with a few tools. You do have the option to add the colored background however, it is not necessary. Free your imagination and doodle as you want. When you’re done, follow the contours with your blade and poke the paper out to give it a 3D effect. Whether you want to use the White Card Paper or a color, the outcome will be beautiful!
-White Card Paper (220g)
-Any Other Colored Card Paper (220g)
-Glue (only if you choose to add the colored circle)
-Cord or Paper Hooks to Hang Up Decoration
- Grab your tools and make sure the blades are sharp
- Pick the color you would like to make your floral wall decoration on. Maria also picks a background color for the wall decoration. (this is not necessary but, you do have to option so it makes your wall art pop!)
- Using your Yardstick Compass Lead and Pin Post, cut a circle on both pieces of paper
- Maria makes the white card paper 7 inches in diameter (floral design)
- Maria makes the green card paper 6 inches in diameter (background color)
- Draw your Floral design on the paper that is 7 inches in diameter.
- Once you have drawn your design, take Excel Blades K1 Aluminum Knife and cut right below the lines you have drawn
- Make sure you do not cut the leaves/flowers out entirely
- Once you have made your cuts, take you K1 knife and push the paper out away from the pen marks
- Flip the paper over and take your K1 knife and gently lift the pieces of paper to give it more of a 3D look
- Once you are done, you can add your colored background to make your design pop by adding glue around the background color and sticking it to the floral design paper
- Maria uses a green background to make her floral design stand out.
- Make sure the side with your pen marks is facing the background
- Make a tiny hole on the top of your design and put your cord or paper hook through to hang
- YOUR FINISHED!
To check out more paper art designs from Maria Marinoni Instagram just click here